The EIT Climate-KIC Accelerator is the European Union’s only acceleration program focused on climate impact through the commercialization of clean technology. In three phases, this program provides the knowledge, resources, tools and coaching that a clean technology startup needs to succeed.
In phase 1, the startup may have financing up to € 5,000. In phase 2, the financing could reach € 25,000. The startups sign a SAFE agreement with BGI, in which they must give 6% of their net assets, in case they reach a pre-monetary valuation of € 3 million. Finally, in phase 3, startups receive support for Business Development, access to the largest CleanTech accelerator in Europe, an international network and potential investors and customers, as well as Mentoring and Personalized Coaching.
This program is aimed at innovative entrepreneurs with ideas to combat climate change that meet the following criteria:
- Unincorporated projects (as long as enrollment begins during the program).
- Start-ups with less than 5 years since the incorporation.
- Start-ups with at least two founders or two people working on a concept / project.
- The founders must have 75% of the capital of their company.
- Start-ups focused on a new technology or service with high potential for commercial viability and climate impact.
Find out more and register your project, until April 26, here.